- Contact the EXCEL Plan Coordinator at your school
- Ask a member of the EXCEL Implementation Team at your school. The School Team includes at l east one representative from each grade and an administrator.
- Refer to the training materials available online in Avatar, EdPlan, and provided at training.
- Call the MCS IT Helpdesk for problems logging into the EdPlan: 901-416-2700 OPTION #2
- Email the EXCEL Plan Helpdesk: EXCELHelp@mcsk12.net
Yes. All you need to access EdPlan is a computer with Internet access.
Yes. EdPlan automatically creates an EXCEL Plan to monitor performance for ALL students on the ‘Profile’ page. Students that need interventions or enrichment can also have an additional Intervention Report or Enrichment Report.
- All students with a Tier 3 intervention
- All students Over Age for Grade
- Students with a Star folder
- Students on track to fail based on academic grades
- All students with a Tier 2 intervention
End of current school year: May 21st, 2010.
So that next year, teachers will benefit from having quick access to the student’s history of support.
Most student data will automatically be imported, including:
- TCAP - State Assessment
- Discovery Math and RLA
- Learning Express Folio
- Chancery SMS Attendance
- Chancery SMS Academic Grades
- AIMSweb PM
- Stanford Math
- StanfordLAW ( Language Arts and Writing)
No. EdPlan will not automatically assign students to tiers. Teachers will continue to have the opportunity to assign appropriate tiered interventions to support students.
No. Class rosters will be automatically imported and updated from Chancery SMS nightly.
Student data will be updated nightly from Chancery SMS. Any changes made in Chancery one day, including demographic data, school transfers, and new class assignments, will be reflected in EdPlan the next day.
Yes. EdPlan and EasyIEP™ are both modules within the same system. They share the same list of students and have common features and functionality.
The ‘Manager’ of a class can add someone as a ‘member’ of that class. When viewing the class profile, scroll to the very bottom of the page and click ‘Edit Group Information/Members’. On the Group Management page, scroll to the very bottom of the page, click the button to ‘Add User’, search for that user, check the ‘Add’ box, and designate their ‘Role’ in the group as ‘Member’ from the drop down list. Click ‘Update the Database’. That user now has access to view your class.
Nothing. These two words are used interchangeably.
HeadsUp! Alerts will be triggered to flag students that need attention.
No. This has been proposed as a future feature.
Yes. A variety of reports are available for administrator use. Please submit any suggestions or requests for reports to the Help Desk: email@example.com
- All students receiving any kind of support in Tier 3, Tier 2, or Tier 1 students receiving targeted differentiated instruction
- Students flagged for Enrichment Plans
- Students with an IEP
- Students flagged with a HeadsUp! Alert in EdPlan
Not currently. MCS and PCG have started discussions about how TVAAS data might be used in EdPlan.
S-Team documents have been created and were reviewed as part of Phase I. Finalized documents will be available in EdPlan later this year.